Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Late Mother's Day Post & the Giant Pacific Octopus

So I've been a terrible blogger lately. Again, just busy with end of the year stuff and assessments galore. Ugh. 

15 days....15 days... :)


I know Mother's Day was a few days ago and of course I was late sending home their mom's gifts because other things took precedent over the gift. But I wanted to share with you what we made. They turned out so cute!


We decided to use scrapbook paper for their hand prints. Once laminated, my awesome TA hot glued those colorful wiggly eyes on. I found the colorful eyes at Hobby Lobby. 

They turned out too cute. Here's a pinterest link that will take you to the "idea" that we found.

We used this pin as an idea and just changed it up with the scrapbook paper and eyes.


I did change up the words though for my little girl who lost her mom about a month ago. 


The end of hers said "It comes with lots of love, especially to say, wishing you lots of love on this very special day." (Or something along those lines.....).  That way she can give it to grandma or dad instead.



We've started learning and studying about the ocean (my favorite unit!). But of course with all of the assessments being done, I haven't really done as much as I have wanted to but it is what it is.

I don't have a lot of pictures right now but I promise I'll take some tomorrow.

We've learned about various kinds of fish and have started talking about octopuses (anyone else struggle not to laugh when saying this word? ugh..)

So far we have used this book to introduce and study this animal.




This book is great because it comes with a DVD that you can use while you are reading it to show that particular octopus in it's environment!! Great book!


We also checked out the Monterey Bay Aquarium links and videos to watch their Giant Pacific Octopus!

Giant Pacific Octopus 
       Picture from Monterey Bay Aquarium.

 
Here is a link to watch the video of their Giant Pacific Octopus.  


Hope you enjoy!!

Oh...grab up the freebie while you are here! :)

                                     Graphics by DigiScrapKits and mycutegraphics



Tomorrow!! Guest Blogger!! Come back and check it out!!

 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment