I know that all of you guys are feeling the crunch too.....18 more days... I think I can I think I can...
How many more days do you have???
I haven't participated in a linky in a while...so here goes...
Latoya over at Flying Into First Grade is continuing her Let's Get Aquainted Linky.
1. What made you decide to become a teacher?
2. What has been your most rewarding experience as a teacher?
3. If you were not a teacher, what would you be?
1. I think I've always wanted to be a teacher in some form or another. I know that growing up I always had other "dream" jobs but teaching is something I think I just knew that I was going to do. The only other job that I've ever had was working at a day care for 6 years, so I've only ever worked with kiddos.
My mom has always said that all I ever would say growing up was that I was going to be a teacher (now I don't recall all of that...but if mama said it! :)
2. My most rewarding experience?? This one is hard. I think it happens every year when I see where my kiddos began in August and then see where they finish up at the end of the year. Sometimes I feel as if I haven't taught anything or reached a particular child as I should've, but then I give them a book or complete an assessment with them, and BOOM, it's there. That light bulb has switched on and it's amazing.
My two friends and I at work today, were hollering with joy while eating lunch, b/c of one of their students' read a level F book today. This has been a huge undertaking with this particular child and we were so excited.
Now that's rewarding.
3. Ha...this question is so funny. Honestly, I've always wanted to be a fashion designer (random I know) or work at a zoo (still would love to do this I do believe).
Two totally random occupations that I would've chosen yet I fell into a classroom 10 years ago. But I love it....
most days....everyday! ;)
Be checking back in the next day or so....I'll have a guest blogger who has some awesome ideas to discuss with you!!