Saturday, September 7, 2013

A Look Back On a Short Week!

Finally time to sit down and post something, anything, random or not. This was the first week of ALL of my students. Whew. So far only 22 kiddos. *praying it stays that way*  (The past 4-5 years it's been over 25) but so far so good.

I have a pretty good class...a couple of little ones that I have to stayonlikethisallthetime but I think once they get "it" it'll get better. So I've been pretty hardcore about procedures and routines....gotta get those down before we can really get to business.


I took as many pics as I could (which wasn't many) but it was just crazy busy this week and who has time to think of a camera! ;)

Here's a peek at what went on.....

 Of course---our expectations. Please ignore the messiness of this...but it works and I have to move fast with this group or they lose focus quick!! But it has really helped. 
Graphics from mycutegraphics.com


 Heidi songs of course...Learning the color words. 


Next up---working with partners to see who could sort by color. They did great. And one day we used GLUE! (gasp!) and glued down scraps of paper to sort by color. I really just wanted to practice using glue...hehe got to trick them too! :)
 


 


Then we used clip art from Krista Wallden (the bus--creative clips) and names for name practice. I gave them the bus and while they were coloring, my IA and I cut up their names and they had to glue them back down in order. 


 All complete!

And of course we read Pete the Cat like 500 million times.....but they love it and we made a book yesterday but I forgot to take pictures.

And in other exciting news:

My DonorsChoose project  recieved this earlier this week:

But of course---if the remainder doesn't get funded then I lose the gift from Kia Motors. So here's to praying and keeping my fingers crossed that it gets completely funded!! :) Thanks Kia Motors and 1 other donation from a generous person here in NC who gave $20! 

So exciting to see this in an email.


Oh and my buddy Irene over at Learning With Mrs. Leeby is having a HUGE 800 follower giveaway!!!!

It ends Monday so hurry and enter!! :)


                                             https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=a003b14448&view=att&th=140f0f0740ce0571&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_hl8qpg4w0&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P9FxqsabkKXXIMNFXX9QUdz&sadet=1378562125405&sads=mCULpdd7hWbYs2vyGetY0kYiais&sadssc=1

                https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=a003b14448&view=att&th=140f0f0740ce0571&attid=0.2&disp=inline&realattid=f_hl8qpoj91&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P9FxqsabkKXXIMNFXX9QUdz&sadet=1378562181153&sads=s_8XjFo5A2BBaIkgAOgWJ0YxLxg

                 https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=a003b14448&view=att&th=140f0f0740ce0571&attid=0.3&disp=inline&realattid=f_hl8qpquq2&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P9FxqsabkKXXIMNFXX9QUdz&sadet=1378562200668&sads=h5XcTq9U8E5g9Zn0nRVh6cHAJYw 




4 comments:

  1. Baha! I think we read Pete the Cat a million times, too! :)
    I LOVE Heidi Songs!
    Your kiddos are so lucky to have you!
    xo
    Learning With Mrs. Leeby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a VERY successful first week with all the kiddos. I love the names practice buses... super cute. I am also so impressed with how on task these little ones look, you must be doing a super job with routines and procedures.

    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well they did well...LOL I have a couple that I'm tough with but the rest are doing really good! :) Thanks!!!

      Delete