Monday, December 30, 2013

13 in 13 Linky Party


I'm linking up with Miss Kindergarten, A Teeny Tiny Teacher, and Dragonflies in First for their 3rd annual linky party!!





Scarves!! I wear them with everything!! I began sewing (somewhat) this year, so I started making infinity scarves....which has multiplied into a hot mess of scarves hanging on the back of the bedroom door. 

http://www.lazygator.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/12-more-ways-to-tie-a-scarf-837x1024.jpg
Source 



I haven't seen Catching Fire yet (I know I know....but if I have I'm sure that would be my favorite) but seeing as I haven't....I guess it would have to be

 
Very good!

 
Surprisingly.....it's this!
(shocker huh?)

 
But I still love 
 

 
We don't really eat out a lot....and honestly there's a lot of restaurants where I live but nothing out of the ordinary that just makes me want to go all of the time. But there is a little place that we go a lot on teacher workdays...it's soooo good.

 

 
I've been doing a lot of DIY projects lately and my most favorite thing I've been working on is the burlap door hangers. It's been fun!!

 I made this one for my mom for Christmas.







 

The hubs and I didn't exchange gifts this year but I did get an upgrade on my phone (finally!!!) and got the Iphone 5c!! I'm so happy with it b/c now I have storage space and can do more with it!
Mine is blue! :)

 

 
I have a confession to make---I'm an avid pinner. Especially if I'm sitting somewhere waiting for something---I'm on pinterest. Crazy I know but I completely understand that it's ok and that I'm not the only one! ;) I'm here if you would like to follow!

Do I have to pick one pin??? Whew----

Well I just pinned this the other day and although we do not have a baby on the way or anything---this is a great shower idea or any party for that matter!!
Use golf tees to tie balloons to the ground!! How cute!
Use Golf Tees to put Balloons in the ground lining the walkway for a birthday, baby shower or any other party :)

 
 One of my favorites was all about Bats! One of YOUR favorite posts was last year's (2012) December currently and a freebie!

 

Finished Graduate school in August with my Master's in Elementary Education!!! :)

 
This is one from this summer when we went on our mission trip! :)
And of course our Christmas picture!



 
Seeing black bears up close on our mission trip---something that we sure don't see where I live. Not like this!
 


 
Be a little more healthy---stick with the walking that I've been doing and add to it. Eat better (I'm a sweet junkie) and stick with it. No diets, just better eating habits.

 

Promise

What a great promise <3 
He has promised us so many things---I just have to stay faithful in His promises.


 



 Link up with Simply Kinder to find some awesome new bloggers!!!
 And don't forget to enter her giveaway!! It ends soon!

http://www.simplykinder.com/2013/11/huge-giveaway-some-sales.html?showComment=1388515681527#c267509919347736219 

9 comments:

  1. I loved reading through your 13 in 13! Black bears, awesome and scary, but so beautiful! Promise is a perfect OLW, mine is pray, so it seems we are on the same wavelength. This coming year I need to focus on HIM.
    Happy and Blessed New Year!

    faithfulinfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! It was interesting to see those bears to say the least Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. Nicki! I love this! That Christmas picture of your husband and you are awesome!
    xoxoxo
    Happy New Year!
    Learning With Mrs. Leeby

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading about your year! Loved your one word, and the verse behind it. Have a great 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this! So fun to get to know more about you!

    Jill
    ABCs and Polkadots

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto what Carrie H. said. Congrats on getting your Master's Degree! That's a great accomplishment!

    Have a great New Year!

    Becky
    Compassionate Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great 13 and great pictures. Thanks for sharing! Congrats on your finishing your masters. Where did you go on your mission trip?

    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School

    ReplyDelete